Our core competencies are the main strengths or strategic advantages that allows our organization to be competitive in the marketplace.
We Establish Focus: We develop and communicate goals in support of the company’s mission.
- We act to align own unit goals with the strategic direction of the company.
- We ensure that each unit understands how their work relate to the company’s mission.
- We ensure that everyone understands and identifies with their unit mission.
- We ensure that each unit develops goals and a plan to help fulfill the company’s mission.
We Provide Motivational Support: We enhance our employees’ commitment to their work.
- We recognize and reward people for their achievements.
- We acknowledge and thank people for their contributions.
- We express pride in the group and encourage people to feel good about their accomplishments.
- We find creative ways to make people’ work rewarding.
- We encourage ownership commitment to a process by being personally present and involved at key events.
- We identify and promptly tackle morale problems.
- We give talks or presentations that energize groups.
We Foster Teamwork: As a team member, we encourage team member’s ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, we encourage coaches’ ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
Behaviors for Team Members
- Listen and respond constructively to other team members’ ideas.
- Offer support for others’ ideas and proposals.
- Be open with other team members about his/her concerns.
- Express disagreement constructively (e.g. by emphasizing points of agreement, suggesting alternatives that may be acceptable to the group).
- Reinforce team members for their contributions.
- Give honest and constructive feedback to other team members.
- Provide assistance to others when they need it.
- Work for solutions that all team members can support.
- Share his/her expertise with others.
- Seek opportunities to work on teams as a means to develop experience and knowledge.
- Provide assistance, information, or other support to others, to build or maintain relationships with them.
Behaviors for Team Leaders
- Provide opportunities for people to learn to work together as a team.
- Enlist the active participation of everyone.
- Promote cooperation with other work units.
- Ensure that all team members are treated fairly.
- Recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
We Empower Others: We convey confidence in employees’ ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority; allowing employee’s freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
- We give people latitude to make decisions in their own sphere of work.
- We let others make decisions and take charge.
- We encourage individuals and groups to set their own goals, consistent with company goals.
- We express confidence in the ability of others to be successful.
- We encourage groups to resolve problems on their own; avoid prescribing a solution.
We Develop Employees: We delegate responsibility, work with employees and coach them to develop their capabilities.
- We provide helpful, behaviorally specific feedback to employees.
- We share information, advice, and suggestions to help employees to be more successful; provide effective coaching.
- We give people assignments that will help develop their abilities.
- We regularly meet with employees to review their development progress.
- We recognize and reinforce people’s developmental efforts and improvements.
- We express confidence in employees’ ability to be successful.
We’re Customer-Centric: We demonstrate concern for satisfying our customers, including employees and investors.
- We quickly and effectively solve customer problems.
- We talk to customers to find out what they want and how satisfied they are with what they are getting.
- We let customers know that we’re willing to work with them to meet their needs.
- We find ways to measure and track customer satisfaction.
- We present a cheerful, positive manner with customers.
Strategic Thinking: We analyze the organization’s competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers, and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
- We understand the organization’s strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
- We understand industry and market trends affecting the organization’s competitiveness.
- We have an in-depth understanding of competitive products and services within the marketplace.
- We develop and propose a long-term (3-5 year) strategy for the organization based on an analysis of the industry and marketplace and the organization’s current and potential capabilities as compared to competitors.
We’re Results Oriented: We focus on the desired result of each unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- We develop challenging but achievable goals.
- We develop clear goals for meetings and projects.
- We maintain commitment to goals in the face of obstacles and frustrations.
- We find or create ways to measure performance against goals.
- We exert unusual effort over time to achieve a goal.
- We have a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done.
We Encourage Personal Credibility: We encourage employees to be responsible, reliable, and trustworthy. Every employee must…
- Do what he/she commits to doing.
- Respect the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others.
- Be honest and forthright with people.
- Carry his/her fair share of the workload.
- Take responsibility for one’s own mistakes; does not blame others.
- Convey a command of the relevant facts and information.